Monday, May 13, 2013

Prom...or our 9th anniversary. Whatever.

Today I feel ooooold.  Eric and I just recently celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.  9!!!  Needless to say, when a clerk at Home Depot asked me if I was 18 last week before he would sell me spray paint, I wanted to cry.  Or kiss him.  Or maybe both.  But not in a creepy way. 
 
For our anniversary some of our good friends offered to watch our kids for us so we could go see Wicked.  Eric went 1950s sweet on me and bought me a dress to wear. Before we left we posed in front of the fireplace circa prom.  He was only sort of joking when he asked whether he should have bought me a corsage.   
 
We went to a fancy schmancy dinner complete with cocktails (because we are grown ups you know). We had a wonderful time and I LOVED the show.  But I also realized that I am getting kind of old, because once the lights went out I had to eat Starbursts to regain my energy throughout the performance (that is clearly an indication of me and not the show). 

All in all, it was one of the sweetest anniversaries that I have had and I look forward to many more with Eric.  He is such a great husband and daddy and I couldn't be luckier!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Eric did a fantastic job dress shopping!